michael said he wasn't hungry and i didn't feel like making dinner. but, i had the almonds already soaked and ready to make these raw vegan donut holes from ani phyo's cookbook. so i made them for dinner and they were amazingly good.
if you closed your eyes and wished a little for them to taste like fried dough balls they did!
the cool thing about raw desserts is that they are guilt free. the ingredients in these donuts are almonds, dates, dried pineapple, vanilla and coconut flakes. i also like how you have to really take the time to chew the food and enjoy each bite. it helps me to eat more mindfully. i know in my past i've inhaled at least 5 donut holes in one sitting (maybe in 5 minutes)... it took me a while to eat these three very dense donut holes.
Oh yummm. I will have to go check out that cookbook!! Thanks for the link to some raw foodie stuff.
ReplyDelete:)Lisa
Oh yea, I just got a different cookbook of hers. Ani's Raw Food Desserts, but I do not think the donught holes are in there. Poo!
ReplyDeleteyou must tell me how the raw food desserts one is.. i think i may prefer that over the one i have. have you checked out her website? because i find her best savory recipes are on there, like the almond pate nori rolls and the baja taco boats. so good!
ReplyDeletethose are really inspiring. I've been eating a lot of raw, but not too many desserts. I should give something like this a try.
ReplyDeletei have seen that recipe of course in ani's book but never have made it b/c i rarely buy dried pineapple...i mean it's good and all but it's $$ and so we go w/ raisins usually :) but now i may be tempted to try these. your description, closing your eyes...etc. THAT may have sealed the deal. I worried that the coconut would over power the "original donut hole flavor" that i am trying to recreate!
ReplyDeletemay i warn all of you that this great recipe killed my cuisinart food processor. i soaked the nuts and all... i have since bought a large hamilton beach food processor, but i don't think i'm going to make these again for fear of breaking it!
ReplyDelete