Saturday, April 9, 2011

karakters

yesterday evening we spent our last evening with cat and bianca at our favorite friday night hangout - karakters.  i have written about this favorite place of ours before and this was our last night to go together for drinks and tapas while the kids played on the sand.  not only are we leaving the island in 10 days, but cat and bianca are leaving in just 3 days for spring and summer in sweden.

the way the light looks almost violet at this time of day makes it a magical time to come here.  the kids quickly found sticks and drew letters and numbers in the sand.

the sun began its descent shortly after we arrived giving the kids a short time to play along the shoreline.

the sun seemed to whisper in their ears that it was time to run back to our spot on the beach.

they laid on stacks of lounge chairs, their "big bed," to look up at the moon that was already in the sky.

and when it was dark they put on a show for us while we sat in our chairs talking away like mamas do. 

i love this place for the freedom it allows the kids to play their way,

to meet new friends,

build obstacle courses,

and let out all their energy.

a sweet moment between mama and daughter.  

i love to watch my boy play and see him growing up before my eyes.  



5 comments:

  1. beautiful beach time, i almost feel as if i'm there... your countdown is happysad. what does ezra think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you good luck with your move. Have only just found your blog, but was interested to see your life on St. Maartin, as my friend's daughter is living on Anguilla. I am assuming it is similar, as I believe it is your next door island?
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening beach time -- beautiful. I am a little sad for both you and Ezra that Cat and Bianca will be leaving in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! that last sky shot looks like there are pearls in the sky. so do you know where you are going yet? one thing is for sure- your walls are going to be gorgeous with all your photos hanging on them!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your photos...everytime.
    your blog makes me feel so peaceful and happy....like I am spending the day on the beach with you, basking in the beautiful glow of the light you have so wonderfully captured and shared with all of us. I wish you the best with your travels, and please keep us updated!!!
    I have **always** wanted to travel to Sweden. I dont think i would ever come back, though....please post photos!
    and yes, I totally agree- wesley and ezra do look alike:):):):)

    ReplyDelete

i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.