When we woke up this morning it was raining out our bedroom window. Last night I had gone to a movie with friends and did not go to bed until midnight. I was tired this morning, but I'm not complaining, because Michael goes to bed every night after midnight and has to wake up at 6:30 and get ready for school. Ezra is always up first and he comes around so sweetly to our bedside. I was given nose kisses and gentle requests of, "you wake up, mom?" The nose kiss was enough to make me smile as I rose out of bed, but when you see a double rainbow out of your kitchen window while waiting for the water in the kettle to heat up, life takes on that magical 'in the moment' quality that I strive for throughout my days.
One of the best places I can always be completely aware of my breath and surroundings and truly live in the moment is at the beach. The warm sun on my skin, the sand sticking to my shins as I crawl around the big hole Ezra and I are digging, the waves pushing against my weight as I hold Ezra in my arms calling out, "here comes another one!" all keep me totally present to the beauty of my surroundings.
We saw our shadows in the sand yesterday and Ezra had a lot of fun chasing his and I had fun photographing mine.
Guana Bay is one of my favorite beaches on the island. There is a lot of soft white sand, rolling waves on the wide shore and not very many people. The stunning view of St. Barth's reminds me that we're living in a chain of Caribbean isles.

my beautiful boy
I am so grateful for my life here and now. It is awesome to be alive!



No comments:
Post a Comment
i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.