Monday, April 26, 2010

feeling grateful...


today i am feeling grateful for the following things:

the fact that my brother's girlfriend survived a fatal car accident

my left hand

my life

a new raw foods diet even though it led me to buy a mandolin vegetable slicer that i misused and cut the tip of my middle finger off. other than the mild throbbing at the end of my finger tip and the recurring visceral memory of slicing said finger tip off, my body feels lighter and energized and my head feels clear and bright.

the new market that opened five minutes from where we live - no more having to drive a minimum of a half hour to get what we need at the grocery store.

michael being home

ezra's happiness

5 comments:

  1. ouch! hope your finger heals quickly. love your gratitude list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Anushka, I just read from start to back all these posts and when I got to the picture of your Husband holding your son at his white coat ceremony, I actually,(quietly- my brood of 4 kids and my wife are long asleep.)cheered for you all. What a great moment in a beautiful story. I related very much with your letter to Mike on his birthday. I was always amazed at his seemingly natural skill level in seemingly whatever he wanted to do. And what didn't come natural to him, he would investigate and study until he mastered it. My name is Mike Coakley, and Mike was my best friend for the better part of our 20's. To see the life he and you share; the beauty of it, amazes me, but yet does not at all suprise me. If in 1989, someone told me Bogey would be living on St.Maarten,with a doctorate in Medicine, a cute-as-all-get-out little boy and a beautiful wife who writes with more true romantic depth than a Nicholas Sparks novel, I would have put down the bong,looked at Mike, seen the same calm I see in his eyes In all these photos, and said "Ya,..probably." I'm thinking back and I really don't remember Mike failing at anything he wanted to do.In fact,he was so good at "whatever", that he would sometimes frustrate the people in that field, because they saw a prodigy, and Mike was just sometimes dabbling, seeing if it fit him.And if it didn't. He would stop. Driving a particular modeling agent named John Scott to call Mike every day for a year!
    I'm very proud of these snapshots of your family. They are beautiful in many senses. I had some of the best times in my youth with Mike, but that picture of Mike and Ezra? That's what time was created for. Congratulations to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your gratitude.
    what a beautiful family!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. coakley! you're ungoogleable... i'd love to talk to you... my email: bogoyevac@gmail.com

    great comment btw... thank you for the all of the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, thank you mike... and i remember meeting you long ago when michael and i first met. : ) your name has come up many times over the years. it is nice to hear you are married with 4 children - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.