looking back through my monthly albums i can find pictures from each month of our shadows that i've taken. i think i may be slightly obsessed with shadows.
this particular series of shots was taken 4 months ago during michael's last break between semesters. ezra saw his shadow at orient beach where we had rented beach chairs at one of the beach bars that have music playing through their speakers. he started dancing with his shadow. i wish i could still do that without having people look at me like i'm a lunatic.





when i see myself as a silhouette, i am happy at what i see. i think it is easier to look at a representation of myself than a picture of myself straight on where i automatically start noticing lines, squints, spots, and imperfections. i also notice how i will overanalyze the seeming expression on my face and think, that's not what i was feeling... these shadows of mine are my favorite pictures of myself because they show me in a place in time which is usually all i am trying to convey in a picture of myself. it has become more and more uncomfortable for me to smile for the camera unless i am truly happy in that moment. i do not like the contrived look of a smile just put on for show. or maybe i'm just not very good at it anymore. i should've worn my retainer after braces.

I am entranced by shadows too and love photographing them. There is something nice with the contrast. You have great lighting where you are at for that! I also can appreciate what you say about your shadow.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to pop over here and say that I had a mini raw food get together with two friends...my one friend made that cake you sent me the link to!! I was super yummy...didn't look quite as pretty, but very close and it was delicious! Wish I could've sent you a piece.
:)Lisa
Love all these pictures, especially the ones of your son playing with his shadow! And the last one where we can see your gorgeous legs!
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful that you still think about your shadow ... so many of us forget as we get old ... but I suppose some of that comes back when we have children.
I know about the smiling thing. I have to WANT to smile to smile, otherwise I won't or can't :).
Thanks for joining and sorry I almost missed this!
xoxox