
after i climbed these stairs with my 35 pound 3 1/2 year old on my hip, i set him down to walk the rest of the way. it is so hot here. and humid. and a lot of the time, ezra does not want to walk when we are out and about. when this happens i can be carrying 3 grocery bags in each hand and be at the bottom of the two flights of stairs that take us up to our lobby. i have often said to him, "you are a big boy! you can walk!" with as much enthusiasm as i can muster. but, ezra says, "i'm a small kid now! i can't walk!"

i took about 7 shots of his cute stubbornness before i picked him up and carried him back to the car. sometimes i wish i were 3 1/2 again and stubborn still looked cute on me.
ezra still insists that cookies will make him grow up big.
he is looking pretty big here (too big to smile even) don't you think?
p.s. ezra has said some funny things in the car lately:
"daddy is a big man and mommy is a small man."
when jon complimented ezra on his crocs he told him they were from santa claus quickly followed by, "thank you daddy."
such a sweet little boy!
ReplyDeletei'd be pushing him in the pram! x
I hope Ezra will be able to remember his days on the island of St. Maarten someday. I will have to read of ours to Kendall out of my journal. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the humor in this! I'm sure Luna will want me to carry her around for a long time, though she has her moments of real independence too.
ReplyDeleteFunny, I used to beg my grandma to carry me when we lived in Rio. We'd walk MILES, and I'd get so tired (I was three or four) of walking on that hot pavement. I don't remember really whether she'd carry me or not -- maybe for a little while -- but just thinking that she had to carry me at all, gosh, she was a strong woman ... as I'm sure you are.
Your little one sounds amazing. I love the way he thinks :).