we are counting the days until christmas this year with these advent
bags i made inspired by the lovely blog moment to moment
ezra helped to hang each of them up.
he likes to count them and when he gets to 14 he says 14, 16, 14, 16, 14, 16... etc.
he will tell you this is when santa comes
and that this is daddy's birthday
(cousin) luke and gigi's birthday (my mom)
when matthew and eva come to st. maarten
matthew and eva's birthday
uncle matt's birthday
as you can see we have a lot to count down to this month... inside each bag is a small gift and/or craft, activity, or project we will be doing that day. the first day he got red glitter and we made white play-dough with red glitter from it. the second day he got the materials to build our advent wreath, and today he got a kinderschokolade ueberaschungs ei - aka - a chocolate surprise egg.
i have seen a few other really cute advent calendars this year in blog land. andrea, tara, and this blog have some beautiful ones they made as well. i'm going to make something more permanent when we move back to the states. i am so inspired and love this idea! but, this year being our last christmas on the island, i just used the things i had on hand - lunch bags, wrapping paper, a string of yarn and clothespins - oh and my own little drawings of all the sagitarians and capricorns in our family!







So cute- Happy last holiday season on the island- You can always go back for graduation and of course visits- we have not been back since graduation- we always thought we would but there is just so much more of the world to see!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fab idea! I'm going to do this one next year. I love the idea of doing an activity every day and using it to mark other events too. I have a cupboard full of brown paper bags. Now I know what to use them for. Thank you for the link :) x
ReplyDeleteohh I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteI love how you have added the other special days to remember with the little pictures. And how many special days you do have in December.
I lived on a tropical isle for a while,
and I remember missing the crafts shops and some or the organic/natural options that you find in the states, still how very lovely to have the opportunity to live in such a beautiful place for a while.
Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog, I am so happy when people find inspiration in the things I do.
MAy you have a wonderful peace filled holiday season.
Warmly,
Christina
These are SO great!! I love this idea.
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea with the craft! and those drawings are just simply amazing!
ReplyDeleteI popped by from Andreas blog and love it here.
enjoy the holiday season.
♥
Love the slouchy hat you made your sister. Christina and I were friends in Miami we both did the advent bags from way back then. Yours turned out lovely. The cutie photo with the glasses is very precious.
ReplyDeleteI love how you've personalized the bags for your special family events. Such a wonderful busy December you are going to have!
ReplyDeleteYour advent bags are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteAwww, those little countdown bags are so adorable! What a great idea!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea too! But you would have to be more organized than the elf. The elf can be last minute. XO
ReplyDelete