Sunday, March 13, 2011

le galion in the evening

we arrived to le galion after 5:00.  with the tourists and lounge chairs gone and the sun going down behind the hills, the children played in the empty shallow waters while we sat and nearly shivered on the shaded sand.

the tide was so low these mounds of grass usually underwater rose out of the sea to be seen.

the children drew in the cool sand

and ezra sang while he drew - can you guess what it was?

"thomas the tank engine, rolling along!  thomas we love you! do di do da do!"

bianca said she drew zebras, cats, and dogs.

the sky kept changing color and cloud formations 

emma and melissa were enjoying it just as much as i was

cat held emma and remembered when bianca was so small.  the kids came over to all take a picture together and cat said she could pretend she had three beautiful children.

emma makes us all want babies again.

melissa and i



my last picture of the evening shows how much the colors changed from the first picture within one hour of our arrival.  it was a beautiful way to end the day and transition from day into night.

9 comments:

  1. so completely beautiful, nature and all of you. how lucky and fun to have good friends to enjoy all this wonderfulness with.

    emma would make me want a baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I love that time of day when everyone has gone and it's lovely and peaceful. Bliss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma's eyes in the 5th last photo are daring anyone to look at her and NOT want a baby. Beautiful photos, Anushka.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could it be more beautiful anywhere. Your photos are a tonic to the devastation I see in the photos from Japan. So strange the contrasts life brings to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible place for little people to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm new to your blog, just found it and I love it! Your photos are gorgeous. I'm a sea sun and sand fanatic :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a magical evening. Full of such color and beautiful babes. Lovelylovelylovely. Your photos provide such inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just happened to find your blog. I love your pictures! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.