Thursday, March 10, 2011

my creative space...

my muse greets me everyday.  i keep my camera handy on the counter because the ocean view from our living room is always changing with different weather patterns, colors of the sea, boats afloat and planes flying overhead.  it is no wonder we are happy homebodies.  there are pictures to take, things to do and make.  have a look here at my creative space this week.  i was inspired to do this by cathie today.  

yesterday we did yoga for relaxation together.  i think it's almost a puzzle like activity for ezra who lays out his own pillows and blankets to look like mine in the different poses.  we follow this dvd that i've had and been doing for years especially on those days when you're too tired to do an active sequence.  

my knitting has me picking up a few projects depending on my mood.  this one is a little rose cardigan for stella.  since it is small and the yarn is a silk/linen blend i have been taking it to the beach with us.

here is a picture from the pattern book

i am working on the spring hoodie recently shared on purlbee.  it is a great mindless knit for movie watching.  michael actually had a spare night to watch "the proposal" with me and we laughed together.  it was so nice and i can't even remember the last time we did this.  
  
for ezra, i am still working on luigi to go with mario (who has been laying in a basket for two weeks).  i'm not working on this one as much as the others right now. but, every now and then when ezra sees me knitting he will say, "i want you to work on luigi first."  clever boy.  

ezra worked on his shape sticker book this morning.  i love sharing these high interest creative activities with him where he learns words like arch and semi-circle through our conversation.  

later today we dyed easter eggs and he held up the metal dipper and said, "this is a hexagon."  i just beamed.  

this is our march banner of watercolor paintings.  i drew on the paper first with white crayon and ezra watercolored over each one to see the surprise picture.  it was a nice way to get him to fill the whole paper with paint.  i love how the colors look like springtime.  
what does your creative space look like this week?  

9 comments:

  1. Wow. You are an inspiration Anushka. The first photo is gorgeous, your yoga, knitting, I wanted to make the hood too! Everything is so sweet. I'm so glad you have the time to follow your creative heart, and it looks like Ezra is too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and nice to meet you! I was looking around and found out that you are living quite exiting life! I hope you enjoy your time there 'far away'! I love the march banner; it's really beautiful like your knittings also!
    Thank you for your visit and comment!
    Wishes from Crete! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful creative space Anushka!
    I love Ezras creativity, such a wonderful thing to see.
    So glad you popped by, I love it when I see a comment from you.

    I made a vegan berry trifle the other day & thought of you.

    happy creating Anushka ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see Stella's cardigan when it's all finished with the flowers. That is a pretty nice creative space you have. I love ezra's paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see what you're knitting. Makes me so envious and motivated at the same time. I'm going to be pinching the watercolour idea from you....amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm SO happy that your pictures are larger on your blog! My favorite is the green and blue with the hoodie...such beautiful colors. "Proposal" is such a funny movie - my husband and I love watching that one together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First stop ...on your island ! What kind of white crayon do you use ? Many thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  8. gris fleur - i just use a regular white crayon. : ) so simple.

    ReplyDelete

i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.