Monday, November 8, 2010

a little celebration

today was another day to celebrate.  michael took his third block exams of the semester.  as i write this he is making up his own little ditty that ezra is dancing and playing air guitar to.  we love these days because for one afternoon and evening we are all together without (too much) interruption from michael's studies.  we went to our nearby rendez-vous cafe and spent a ridiculous $18.00 on these little treats and two caffe lattes. 


 it is such a sweet little setting and they are one of the few places that offer soy milk for us vegans.  



i even snuck in a little knitting because the holiday elf is in round the clock operation.  the weather has been wonderfully stormy and rainy making it feel a little more normal this year compared to last year's rather dry wet season. 


we completed the week's grocery shopping together
 and came home to this beautiful sunset outside our window.  


five weeks left of michael's penultimate semester.  with thanksgiving, birthdays, christmas, family and friends coming to visit over christmas and in the new year, i have a feeling these last months are going to fly by.  enjoying the beauty that surrounds me here and now.  

3 comments:

  1. mmmm...so lovely.....
    those treats look so quaint! did they taste as good as they look? adorable!
    I am also a hard working elf this time of year....trying not to feel rushed or join in with the american-ized "stress" of the holidays....it ruins all the fun!!!
    that sunset with the ocean is breathtaking...I am so calmed by the sight of water....keep those lovely images coming, friend:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you are so near this journey's end. That seems wierdly said, but you prob know what I mean. Enjoy those beautiful sunsets. I'd say it was worth the $18 celebration for sure...expecially for vegan treats ;)

    I had to laugh about the nail polish remark. Hawthorn and Bella decided to have black nail polish for Halloween, and Kayla's are painted purple I think. But since we(I) am not really a nail polish person, we don't have any remover, so the polish stays on till it all wears off. So, you might be spotting it for a while-lol.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family photo! I hope you continue your 'journey' blog after this one has ended!

    ReplyDelete

i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.