Thursday, November 11, 2010

peace


i am joining elizabeth and lisa from threading light on their mission along with many others to bring more peace into the world.  at the beginning of each month i will set my intention to bring more peace into my world and reflect back on it at the end of each month.  my intention for the month of november is to do yoga everyday.  even if that just means holding tree pose while i brush my teeth or laying in savasana before bedtime or after a long run of errands, i will get myself into a pose each day.  i would like to say i will do a full routine, but that has become very difficult lately, and i don't want to defeat my peaceful intention with the frustration of not being able to fulfill my goal.


my usual morning routine of yoga has become interrupted by the more pressing needs of my son who wants me to play with him at the start of the day.  because i am "homeschooling" him (he's only 3 and we mostly just play all day) i feel it is important that i spend quality time with him at the start of each day. our days are mostly very peaceful, especially when we stay home and gaze out our window at the caribbean sea.


5 comments:

  1. This is so true! Even sometimes (or a lot of times) when I try to push very hard toward what I want to see, it can often lead to more stress than movement toward improvement. Just one step or a little change each day often is the way to go...especially when children are involved. I'm so happy to have you finding a piece of peace for yourself!

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. I did yoga before the children were born and always felt so much better for it. It's a good idea to do a little a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a good one...I may use it too one of these months. :)
    Will your son join you? My girls do yoga with me 3 days a week, although sometimes it turns into a sillyfest!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. he sometimes does. i lay out his mat next to mine and he can join in if he wants. he also has his own yoga dvd that he does. that is wonderful that you are able to get your girls to do yoga 3 times a week with you. i think i have too many toys to distract him to other pursuits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to come back to this post again. This morning Hawthorn and Lake got the yoga cards out and were trying to do the poses...it was really cute.

    :)Lisa

    ps-about Hawthorn using kitchen knives...he always has (with supervision of course. I guess he started around 1 1/2 with this knife:
    http://www.montessoriservices.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4423_113_224_1728

    ReplyDelete

i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.