Wednesday, January 12, 2011

yarn along

a post of my latest knitting project and read in a yarn along hosted by ginny.  

 
my needles are warmed up from lots of holiday gift making and are in full speed not wanting to stop.  i have been busy making things non-stop.  on the needles now are a pair of elf slippers for my friend's little one year old girl from this pattern that i found on frontier dreams.


i made a pair for myself first and am loving them!  the apartment gets cool in winter and with the tile floors my feet get cold.  now i can wear a pair of slippers around that aren't too hot - i love wool for its wonderful temperature regulating properties.

i am crocheting a little mario doll for ezra that our friend rahul found online here.  rahul comes over every friday night to study with michael.  we usually have dinner together first and then after dinner rahul spends a little time on the couch with his computer playing super mario brothers and ezra watches over him.  he has come to love this little mario character through rahul and so he found this pattern for me to make him one.  i love amigurumi dolls and am really enjoying this process.

and here are some pictures of the finished matryoshka dolls i posted about on the last yarn along.  the pattern is by susan b. anderson in her book, "itty-bitty toys."  these were super fun to make as well.  i think i am addicted to making toys.  i love how quick the pieces knit up and the meditative qualities of stitching the parts together and embroidery details.  now i'm looking forward to seeing others projects over at small things.


10 comments:

  1. I love the elf slippers you made! They are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo talented! and a super fast knitter. I love those slippers - may be a future project for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dolls are amazing! I'm so with you on the cold tile floors too, I made another set of slippers for one of my sisters and am so tempted to keep them for me! Brrr...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make some elf slippers for myself! they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love all your projects! I am going to have to make those slippers, they are really adorable. I do know what you mean about wool and it's ability to give comfort in different temperatures, here at the beach it can be perfect for damp chilly days!
    Mario was my boys favorite too, and OH those dolls! Beautiful knitting Anushka.
    x lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the mario doll. I have two little boys that love Mario and his brother Luigi. And those Matryoshka dolls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very impressed with these! In your recent comment on my blog, you said you struggled with granny squares. I think you should definitely give them another chance. You clearly have the ability to make them, and they really are very easy once you get the rhythm. I'll bet you can find someone to sit with who can show you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!! Love your projects..as always. I loved reading the twilight books..they were such easy fast reads. I also read "The Host" by the same author. It was pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your Matryoshka dolls turned out great!! What a cute project :) You make some many wonderful things! Great slippers to. We have tile floors and it is definitely nice to have something warm on the feet because you definitely get chilled right through standing on it to long. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.