Wednesday, January 19, 2011

yarn along

a post of my latest knitting project and read in a yarn along hosted by ginny.  
 here are some of the goodies i've been making for my friend's baby who arrives with her today for a week visit.

  a gnome from tonya's pattern, elf slippers, and an egg in a nest from susan b. anderson's "itty bitty knits."

 i also made this pretty summer dress for her from a blue sky pattern and blue sky cotton yarn that her mommy sent to me.  i can see i will need to block it or hang it in the bathroom while i shower today to let the wrinkles out from it being folded in my closet all this time waiting for her.

 i am reading "coloring with block crayons - emphasizing the primary colors" to prepare me for waldorf homeschooling.  i love that  i will be going on the waldorf journey alongside ezra.  it seems the next best thing to having gotten a waldorf education myself growing up.

 a preliminary exercise in using the primary colors

i am now working on the giraffe requested by ezra from the same book of patterns.  i could see myself making everything in this book which makes this knitting book worth its weight in gold to me.  i have so often bought a book of patterns only to make one or two things from it.  

this is the view from my balcony today.  a great day for friends to arrive to the island.  i'm so excited to share st. maarten with them.

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, such wonderful handmade gifts! I wish I was your friend, what a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bird and gnome are adorable! My next project is going to be something cute like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful knitting & the bird is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The handmade gifts are just too cute. I can see why there was a request for a giraffe. The dress is just beautiful.

    I really enjoyed "Coloring with Block Crayons". And oh how I enjoy this journey of learning right along next to my children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gifts to having waiting for your friend. Looks like an interesting book. Have a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little gnome! Have a great time with your friend. It looks like heaven. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my goodness those baby things are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that dress is fabulous!!

    Thanks for the review of the book, too. I wanted to buy my daughter one of those bird-in-nests at a craft fair, but couldn't afford it. Glad to know where to find a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The slippers are my favorite today, are they felted? They look awesome!
    You're going to have so much fun showing the island off to your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing view. Thank you for sharing your projects. I am sure they will be loved.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  11. The knitted toys are adorable. I hope you have a fun visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What cute creations! I love the slippers and little dress. How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diese Farben und Fotos sind...."stunning" - "atemberaubend", haha, I looked that one up in the dictionary. Your knits are all so great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I just love all of the things you have been knitting especially the dress. So pretty!! I love Tonya's little gnome pattern and it is on my list of things to knit :) Thank you for sharing how you are liking the block crayon coloring book! It is on my list of books to get to as this mama needs some help in the color department *grin*. Have a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.