Monday, February 21, 2011

weekend rain

on saturday morning it looked like this out the kitchen window

and like this out our bedroom window.

on sunday you could see saba from the living room so clearly once again.  
we say, "there's saba" and ezra says, "there's the volcano" which indeed it is.  

we had a lot of grey clouds blocking the hot sun for most of the day making it a great day for staying home.

the sky went from this

to this

to this within about 10 minutes sunday evening.   it is mesmerizing to watch the sky change at such a fast pace here.  that is about the only thing fast paced about island living. we spent the whole weekend at home.  michael studied. i cooked, cleaned, and crafted a bit while ezra played all day with his trains.


 the weekend allowed time for me to take a picture of this finished cardigan for stella stellina 

and to finish ezra's giraffe! 


making all those spots and pom poms was a lot of work!

but it is always worth it.







4 comments:

  1. WOW those pictures are beautiful and i'm so amazed at your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Anushka! The sweater and the giraffe, and the sunsets, incredible. back to your knitting, how amazingly beautiful your work is. So much love and attention you've put into everything. Ezra is a very lucky little boy to receive such handmade knitted goodness. And Stella too!

    I am here in NYC, at my daughters work (watching her bartend, she has just made me a drink, a first, and very strange experience, but wonderful). I am tagging along with her so we don't miss any time together. When I arrived this morning it was snowing! Oh! And we went to Purl Soho! I got enough Madeline Tosh for a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with that giraffe, Anushka! If Ezra tires of it, I am pretty sure I can find a home for him here.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO! WOW... I have just caught up on your blog and so loving every word! You are amazing Anushka! The pictures, the words, the creations you have knitted, and the experiences you have shared with us are priceless! Thank you! Happy to see you soon, sad for this chapter of life to be over for you soon...
    Love you!
    Cindy Walczuk

    ReplyDelete

i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.