here is a post of my latest knitting project and read in a yarn along hosted by ginny.
on the needles i have a few things going. i have been bringing a cotton dish rag along to all the beaches we've been going to this last week with clare. it's the mason dixon pattern you can find here. i like bringing something cotton and washable like this to work on at the beach. i am happy if i just knit a row or two. it's a great take along project because it is easy to memorize the pattern. at night i am working on ezra's giraffe. that is the body being knit up in the yellow wool on the right. inside the bag is what you see below - mario parts. i have not had the time to sew his pieces together but think i will have plenty of time in the next week when we'll be newly without our visitors and our car.this is a picture of the awesome yarn score i received from clare through her wonderful friend erin. i met erin at clare's baby shower and we talked about my then upcoming move to st. maarten. she had lived some years in nassau and knew what island life was like. last summer when she found herself in a yarn store in durango, colorado she thought of me and my situation (a knitter on an island without a knitting store is like a bee without flowers to pollenate) and generously purchased this yarn for clare to give to me. it will be used to make some lovely pieces for stella which i am excited to get started on soon. i think i will be set until we return to the states with knitting projects and for that i am very grateful. thank you clare and erin!
clare also brought me some magazines and i have been leafing through my favorite yoga journal. it was great to receive this because i have literally not read a magazine in a year and a half. they are twice the price here! but, thankfully for blogland, my lack of magazines has been replaced with the beautiful posts of all the inspiring mommyblogs out there. for more knitting updates be sure to check out the other posts on small things.
what beautiful pics you've taken. what a blessing to have the opportunity to live on an island for a bit! Oh how I wish...
ReplyDeleteI love the colors of all your yarns. So springy and happy. they brightened my grey and snowy day. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteOooh love your new yarn! so pretty :) I've been meaning to tell you how much we enjoyed Ponyo! Such a beautiful movie. I'm so happy that you recommended it. Both myself and the children have watched it a couple of times already and I just love it :)
ReplyDeleteYou're a busy knitter. You could probably knit the jumper I want to knit by the time I've read the pattern! I'm waiting on some yarn to knit Sam a very simple sweater - I'm such a novice! x
ReplyDeleteI can`t wait to see that Mario. What a nice friend. That is some beautiful yarn.
ReplyDeleteThe pattern on that cloth looks nice and squishy! For the longest time all that was available here was that Sugar & Cream cotton yarn. I still made a scarf for my uncle out of it anyway. I think it was a success because my aunt stole it right away from him!
ReplyDeleteI love the colors on your blog! It makes that squishy yarn all the more beautiful! I have a few of those dishcloths. They are by far my husband's favorites! Hey, if making those means he helps with dishes more...I'll keep them coming. ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet friend!! That is so awesome that she gave you all that yarn and the magazines...the little things we take for granted. Your knits are looking so good...I just love the bright yellow.
ReplyDeleteAll the colors in the first photo are especially wonderful, so happy and brightening, I love the yellow!
ReplyDeleteI also love that the yarn shop that you mention is my local yarn shop. The legwarmers I recently knit and the pink dish scrubber I crocheted are from that pink cascade yarn, skeins that were probably sitting on the shelf right next to your yarn. I think that's neat :)
(And please forgive me for being so long in replying to your email, but I will be writing soon...)
Hope your enjoy a wonderful weekend!