Thursday, February 10, 2011

before sunrise

after laying awake for 2 hours i decided to get up with michael, who sets his alarm every morning for 5:00 a.m. to begin his studies before he goes to school.  usually, i have a leisurely sleep-in with ezra until 9:30 - sometimes later.  i stopped feeling guilty about that after a couple of semesters here.  but, last night i was afflicted with a sore upper back and could not fall back asleep after awaking in the middle of the night.  i'm not sure if it is from all the knitting, crocheting, and sewing i've been doing or from the bath i took with ezra last night where i was a little chilled while washing my hair with the detachable shower head.  the water pressure and temperature here are not always full blast.  but, i stopped fighting the fight to fall back asleep and came out here to sit and drink tea and have toast while michael studies.  it is quiet.  i am tired.  but, it was a treat to see a cruise ship on its way to the island this morning in the darkness before the sunrise.  

3 comments:

  1. I hope your back feels better, maybe you could get your husband to give you a massage. I have a girlfriend who has to see her accupuncturist often because she is so tense while knitting. Burts Bee's makes a good natural muscle rub that often helps. Maybe you can find it there?

    It seems like it was serendipity that you couldn't sleep, the island knows you are leaving and wanted to show you more of it's beauty.

    I can't wait to see what you are knitting, sewing and chrocheting. I bought a gorgeous hank of worsted merino by malabrigo this morning to take camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your back is a bit better. You're probably asleep with exhaustion now. I love getting up really early (not 5am though!), but I rarely see a cruise ship out of my window. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He gets up every morning at 5 a.m. Crap (excuse the language), but boy, does he deserve the dean's honours award he received the other day. I hope the tea and toast helped and your sore back is just a temporary issue.

    ReplyDelete

i do love your comments. thank you for taking the time to write.