i have the back and front panels finished for this sweet cardi for stella. i love the colors and just hope it fits her when we get back in the spring. the yarn is zarina's merino wool and is lovely to work with and i think will be so soft to wear. it is very stretchy and appears that the garment will breathe well - something my mom always says about fabrics - do other people say that too?
i have completed the body and head of ezra's giraffe and am working on the legs now. i realize now i haven't shown what's actually on the needles just the progress of my current two projects. i'm reading elizabeth gilbert's book "committed" and am fascinated by it. i loved "eat, pray, love" and am probably giving this book more consideration than had i not read the other. it has my wheels spinning and i think that is what keeps me turning the page. i have managed to knit and read at the same time by fastening the book with a rubber band to a larger book and prop it on my knees (which are bent because my feet are on the coffee table) balancing on yet another book. it works well enough. how do you read while knitting? i hope some of the other knitters at ginny's yarn along will share.

I'm completely impressed with your knitting/reading arrangement! I'm afraid, I knit or I read but not together. I read a suggestion earlier about downloading books to an ipod, so I'm planning to try that soon! Love the giraffe as well as the sweater, but then again I always love your projects!
ReplyDeleteI love the cardi. Gorgeous colours and the giraffe....one of Sams favourite animals. He loves the giraffe in Madagascar. Thanks for the info re the g.house. We'll have to investigate and Sam is practising for future chess games with Ezra. x
ReplyDeleteYou are doing awesome! I love the looks of the cardigan. I have always thought all children should wear brightly colored clothes. =)
ReplyDeleteI have also wondered how people knit AND read at the same time.
Beautiful colors on the sweater. Will check back to see how the giraffe turns out. Oh and I can't read while I knit. I wish I could but instead I watch tv.
ReplyDeleteI have never tried knitting and reading at the same time but I am going to try your method. I am just imagining the possibilities of knitting and reading AT THE SAME TIME!
ReplyDeleteI love the colors of the cardigan. I want one myself! I usually wear a lot of black and grey, so those colors would be a welcome change. I don't read when I knit. I do watch movies on TV though, as long as they are not movies that require constant visual attention. I should read "Committed." I, too, liked Gilbert's" Eat, Pray, Love." I have read some of her earlier work as well. I think she is simply a good writer, no matter the subject. A suggestion for your next book - Claire Dederer's "Poser." Check it out. Very well done, I finished it last night.
ReplyDeletesuch beautiful knitting anushka! everything is so cheerful and fun! ezra is going to love his giraffe.
ReplyDeletei have done the same with the rubber band and even though i like books much more than an ipad for reading, it is easier to do both with the ipad.